Time now: Tue Mar 19, 2019 22:20

[ 5 posts ] 
Hi all - Help and advice will be needed! 

Post Hi all - Help and advice will be needed!
Hi all,

Just joined up to help in my search for a Jumbuck. Going to have a look at one tomorrow with a probable head gasket issue. Is there anything else I need to look out for?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 14:20
Premier Member

Drives:
Jumbuck

Cheshire
Post Re: Hi all - Help and advice will be needed!
Mine had mayo in the valve cover and pressurised hoses even when cold. They are always pressurised a bit as the system doesn't have an expansion tank, but mine still got under pressure even before the water was warm.

I did a compression test on it and two cylinders where down quite a bit. I still drove it (very gently) 100 miles home, after negotiating a new price (seller had not realised it was blown).

I just swapped the entire drive train from a donor and sold off most of the other bits.

Look for rust on the bonnet front edge and bottoms of doors, and more importantly the sill where there is a vertical seam under the door.

BTW My Jumbuck is going up for sale very soon, if anyone is interested.

More details to follow soon.
Current cars:- Jumbuck, Wira, Gas Powered Jeep ZJ, Volvo V70, Mazda2

Tue Dec 18, 2018 13:56

Thanks for the advice. The one I looked at today was a no no unfortunately. Engine caked in oil with leak seemingly from LH side of head, so head gasket or dizzy seal maybe? Either way it was a bit too tatty as well. If you do want to sell in the near future, please bear me in mind. The hunt continues....

Tue Dec 18, 2018 18:38
Premier Member

Drives:
Jumbuck

Cheshire
Mine is waiting for a new window winder to arrive for the driver's door and to fit, then it is available, but if you want to fit the winder yourself then it is available as soon as.

The driver's window winder cable seems to be frayed, but not snapped yet, so it hasn't dropped into the door or anything yet, but is tricky to wind up and down.

My "build" thread is

http://www.protonownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28998
Current cars:- Jumbuck, Wira, Gas Powered Jeep ZJ, Volvo V70, Mazda2

Wed Dec 19, 2018 13:16

Looks great, just what I’m after. Let me know what you want for it etc. I’m a bit behind at the mo as the guy that was buying my car pulled out so I’ll have to advertise again :(

Thu Dec 27, 2018 20:53
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]