Time now: Tue Mar 19, 2019 21:41

[ 3 posts ] 
New member proton gen 2 

Post New member proton gen 2
I bought my proton gen 2 ecologic gsx 11 plate back in February this year (2018) and just realised there is a club haha..
Overall I love the style and the Shape of the rear lights, very different from most cars, lpg very cheap but car has broke down twice already :( needed a new fan and a crank shaft sensor, parts not that easy to come by, any ideas what alloys will fit please that won't cost the earth as mine are badly corroding... kind regards alex

Sun Oct 21, 2018 20:27

Drives:
Satria

Burnley, Lancashire
Post Re: New member proton gen 2
glad you found us :)
as a cheap fix for the wheels, buy a tin of paint (i prefer black) but im sure silver would do. and just spray them, about 10 quid for a tin :D
im not 100% sure, but thin kthey are 4x114.3 so newer jap stuff should go on
RIP Scott - We will never forget you

Sun Oct 21, 2018 20:31
Profile WWW
Premier Member

Drives:
Persona (new)

The Deep South (coast)
Post Re: New member proton gen 2
Hi and welcome.
Can confirm that GEN-2/New Persona use 4x114 PCD wheels, (unlike older Protons) and they will have to be 15" minimum to clear the brake calipers. Hatch versions like yours came with 6.5J, but Personas 6J mated to 195/60 tyres for extra comfort, but either would be fine.

It will be best to find something in the ET44-46 range for offset. Some suppliers will try and say ET35 is OK - but I wouldn't.

As it goes I bought a brand new set of 6.5Jx15" 5-spoke 'Brock' alloys earlier this year to replace the tired original Proton 7-spokers, which were only recently sold to a bloke with a Nissan van, worst luck.

However I do have a set of four perfectly fitting 15" Volvo V40 steelies with smart 'neutral' wheelcovers, fitted with a matching set of v. good winter tyres that I normally run on my car for 4 months of the year.
Given the lack of properly cold weather in the last 4 years where I live, (South Coast) I am willing to let this wheel/tyre/trims set go for a reasonable price. PM me if interested.

2009 Proton Persona 16V IAFM saloon Automatic Ecologic, (Mica Black - my does-everything chief wheels)
2017 Citroen C3 1.2 PureTech 82 'Feel' hatch, (Ruby Red/Black roof - Wife's new offbeat 12V trolley)
1993 Porsche 968 16V Tiptronic Coupe, (Black, been 'sold' twice now, but no-one actually pays...)

Tue Oct 23, 2018 21:11
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]