Time now: Fri Oct 18, 2019 21:50

[ 7 posts ] 
New to Proton Owners Club 

Post New to Proton Owners Club
Hi,

Just recently signed up to the forum. I own a Proton Saga 2016 model and just want to get in touch with some like-minded people on here, which sites of the forum do you guys find the best and most useful to a newbie?

Thanks in advance!

Tue May 08, 2018 19:35

Post Re: New to Proton Owners Club
Hi there and welcome to the forum.
Which country are you from? I'm pretty sure the Saga was never sold officially in the UK, although 1 or 2 have been spotted, which were probably evaluation models imported for testing.

Tue May 08, 2018 19:59

Originally from the US but recently moved to the Midlands in the UK. I did import my baby when I moved over here.

Wed May 09, 2018 9:04

Derbyshire.
Welcome along
Saga uk =RARE :-D
Where midlands are you ? as there are quite a few of us Notts/Derby area
Could have a mini meet at some point in the future
Satria Neo Sport 1.6
MG3 1.5 style lux
Nextanother Satria Neo Sport

Wed May 09, 2018 9:30

Derbyshire.
ADuckett wrote:
Originally from the US but recently moved to the Midlands in the UK. I did import my baby when I moved over here.

Imported proton must be a super fan I and many others no doubt would love to import a R3 cps satria neo :twisted:
Satria Neo Sport 1.6
MG3 1.5 style lux
Nextanother Satria Neo Sport

Wed May 09, 2018 9:37

Saga is based on an elongated Savvy platform. We got the Gen2 and the Persona here, so Proton UK obviously decided that there was no room for another mid-sized saloon in their lineup. It would have been significantly cheaper than the Persona so perhaps they thought it would hinder sales of the Persona. Did they sell them in the USA? I was not aware Proton were active there. Is it left hand drive?

Thu May 10, 2018 23:14
Premier Member

Drives:
Persona (new)

The Deep South (coast)
Same here. I know Proton went to the trouble and expense to ensure the GEN-2 could be sold worldwide, (including the US) and the Saga BLM/S16 meets similar Australian safety standards, but AFAIK they never became brave enough to try and sell them anywhere in North America.
2009 Proton Persona 16V IAFM saloon Automatic Ecologic, (Mica Black - my does-everything chief wheels)
2017 Citroen C3 1.2 PureTech 82 'Feel' hatch, (Ruby Red/Black roof - Wife's new offbeat 12V trolley)
1993 Porsche 968 16V Tiptronic Coupe, (Black, been 'sold' twice now, but no-one actually pays...)

Mon Jul 23, 2018 18:34
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]