Time now: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:49

[ 3 posts ] 
Newbie here jumbuck 

Post Newbie here jumbuck
Hi guys. I have a jumbuck with an evo converstion and need advice. I need to replace the rear wheel bearings. I have brought the proton jumbuck bearings but the are too small and don't fit. I have a build folder from when the truck was done and need to find the guy who built it and find out if he swapped out the rear axle. Plus how do I upload a picture

Sun Feb 10, 2019 0:32

Post Re: Newbie here jumbuck
Hi Carper.

It depends who you bought them from. The UK parts database that all the motor factors use has a lot of wrong information in it when it comes to Protons. The cars have 28mm stub axles, and the data in the database assumes that the Jumbuck (the front end being based on the car model) uses the same parts. However as most Jumbuck owners will come to know at one time or another, the rear end is totally different to the cars, and the rear stub axles are in fact 30mm, meaning the bearings for the cars do not fit. The correct bearings are only available from abroad and are very expensive, so some people have opted to remove the stub axles and have them machined down to 28mm at a machine shop so that they can accept the car bearings which are readily available and are most likely the ones you have got.

Always worth asking on here before buying parts as most factors don't know the vehicle, they just rely on whatever their database tells them, which when it comes to Protons if often sadly wrong.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:17

Drives:
Non-Proton

Cheshire
Post Re: Newbie here jumbuck
If this is the guy I pointed here he had the orange jumbuck with the black evo bonnet, hope you can sort him the right part Mo
%*&@ the FRENCH AND THEIR CARS

Sun Feb 17, 2019 23:52
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]